Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Reflections

As my time in the UK nears its end I find myself reflecting on the past five months I've spent in Cardiff and now I'm going to try to write down this semi-mental list of things I've noticed that are different here.



Firstly and this is important: pants= underwear and trousers=pants

Zebra is pronounced "zeh-bra" not "zee-bra"

In general, place names are pronounced as they are spelled - Worcester is pronounced wor-ster, none of this wor-chester nonsense.

BBQ sauce is a popular alternative to the traditional tomato sauce on pizza

Tie-dye isn't a thing

Toilet paper is also called a "loo roll"

Beans are acceptable for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Don't even get me started on the sinks and their inability to properly merge hot and cold water to create a nice warm flow

Click to know what it feels like to study abroad :)

I'll add more if I remember any

No comments: