Saturday, February 2, 2013

A week of firsts



Well, how do I put this... I certainly have a lot of free time here. For every class that I'm taking this semester, we only meet once a week for about fifty minutes. My language
Disclaimer: Not actually my food
classes are two hours, though. It's a very strange schedule, but it's nice. For example, I have Wednesdays off, so the possibilities are endless! I can do my laundry, go to Tesco, maybe the library... I will eventually start exploring Wales. Cardiff is a pretty compact area, so it'll be fun to visit different places. It might just be me, but I think W&M places more of an emphasis on academics than Cardiff. Anyways, this week it has rained just about everyday, except
Friday and Saturday. Let me just say, it was a week of firsts. Aside from it being my first week of class, it was also the first time I've been sprayed by a car
Crossing Bridge 1 on my run/jog/walk
driving past, the first time I cooked an actual meal for myself at school, and the first time I got around to running/jogging/ walking here. Those are the most significant things that happened to me this week. I know, I lead an action-packed life. If anyone is curious, I made tortellini for myself with some vegetables for my dinner. Before that, I'm not really sure what I had been eating... Maybe cereal and PB&J. The peanut butter  here, though it's great they have it, tastes healthier than what I'm used to. Less sugar. Also, the baked beans, for some strange reason, are in a tomato sauce rather than the normal sauce (normal for me, I suppose). The trail I found to run on is nice. It goes through Bute Park/Sophia Gardens and I cross over a river on two bridges and go past Cardiff Castle. Saturday was a rugby day: Ireland vs. Wales and most people were holed up in the many pubs around the city watching the game or at Millennium Stadium if they had tickets (which are ridiculously expensive!). Apparently things get more crazy when they play the English. Tomorrow is Sunday and I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'll probably go to volleyball practice and then take some time to plan out trips so this blog can be more interesting. Got to keep my views high :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were playing volleyball! Very exciting.. I would love to see more pictures:-) keep up the blogging... I like reading it.